At Shirley Rd Chiropractic we have incorporated algorithms based upon the Canadian Chiropractic Association Guidelines (Glenerin, 1993) for our use and assistance when dealing with:
- Uncomplicated acute pain (less than 3 weeks, no significant trauma).
- Complicated Acute and Chronic Pain (more than 3 weeks, or significant trauma).
- Supportive or Wellness Care (after acute or chronic pain treatment has ended).
Results of care will be both measured objectively and subjectively. You may be required to fill out pain questionnaires or general health questionnaires at various stages of your care to help in determining the level of improvement gained.
Shirley Rd Chiropractic’s Goals of Care
- Pain Relief
- Promotion of full healing
- Restoration of full function
- Reduction of the risk of re-injury and prevention of accelerated degeneration.
As you can see, while pain relief is high on our list of goals, we orientate our treatment toward return of function, not just relief of symptoms, to allow the body to heal.
We understand that each individual may not have these same goals. So we are happy to work with people within their goals. The important questions to ask us are:
- How long does it take for pain relief?
- How long does it take for tissues to heal?
- How long does it take to restore function?
The 3 types of care offered at Shirley Rd Chiropractic are based on the stages of tissue repair and include: